Mountain View AFH LLC
welcomes your loved ones to come home
and enjoy the view!
Description of Home and Services:
With an awesome view of Mt Baker towards the east and conveniently located close to downtown Ferndale WA in a rural setting, Mountain View AFH LLC is a family owned Adult Family Home specializing in both Dementia and Mental Health care and licensed by the State of Washington for six residents.
A staff of two formally-trained caregivers is on-site 24/7 to provide the following services:
· Monitoring for health and well-being
· Medication management
· Total assistance in transfering, toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming, feeding, and other assisted daily living needs
· Delicious well-balanced healthy meals and between meal snacks custom prepared by our on-site dietary chef
most often with ingredients consisting of vegetables, fruits, and herbs in season out of our backyard garden
and fruit trees and tailored to each resident's needs.
· Laundry for residents and with clothing kept separate in each resident's own private laundry basket.
Languages spoken at the home:
· English, Spanish, and Romanian
· An on-call nurse practioner to monitor and evaluate the health of the residents as well as prescribing medications, overseeing new care plans, and coordinating with their physicians for their overall well-being and continued care under their supervision. The nurse further instructs and delegates caregivers for care tasks and provides continued complete oversight for each resident.
· These health services also include glucose testing for diabetes, blood pressure testing, weight charting and documentation, as well as scheduling doctor appointments and arranging transportation.
Enjoy a photo tour of Mountain View AFH LLC
Please click on each thumbnail to enlarge
The wheelchair ramp leading up to front entrance.
Our cozy living room with a fireplace and view of Mt Baker towards the east.
One of our two bathrooms with walk-in shower.
One of the private bedroom with closet and built-in dresser
Our resident backyard ducks who are quite sociable along with the chickens (not pictured) always providing an endless source of entertainment! The backyard also features its own basketball court, in the background
The multi-couched activity room with big-screened television and a great view of Mt Baker and backyard.
The home owner Joana, who is also an accomplished executive chef, is also quite the "green thumb". The potted Christmas Cactus seen flowering in the corner of the kitchen is a great example her handiwork!
Another view of our activity room.
A view of Mt Baker from the home. Note in the lower left-hand the iconic 100 foot smokestack painted with the American Flag behind the former Carnation Milk Plant in downtown Ferndale which indeed is a local landmark!
About the Owner, Joana
Mountain view AFH LLC is owned & operated by Joana Hartl-Oleary who is a trained dietary chef as well as 20 years experience in elder, dementia, and mental health care both as both a caregiver and adult family home owner. Joana previously owned & operated Alabama Hill AFH LLC in Bellingham, WA for 5 years before relocating to Ferndale, WA in 2020.
Joana previously worked as an executive chef in both fine restaurants and the major airlines. She supervised meal preparation of various cuisines served on both international & domestic flights with the same meticulous detail that applies to meal preparation and service here at Mountain View AFH LLC.
Complimenting Joana's culinary expertise is her skill in maintaining the on-site gardens & trees in the backyard which supply in-season vegetables, herbs, and fruits. Our resident chickens and ducks also provide fresh eggs.
Joana resides at the home and along with her staff oversees the one-on-one care and attention afforded her residents with whom she considers members of her own family to ensure they are happy, comfortable, secure, and loved!
She is also a lively master-of-ceremonies when it comes to birthday and holiday celebrations often providing entertainment as a singer. We always look forward to unpacking the Christmas tree & decorations and getting set up for a festive holiday season.
Mountain View AFH LLC also offers the following Activities and Amenities:
· Full range of social activities and accessories such as cards, bingo, games, puzzles, crossword and word puzzle magazines. · Outdoor seasonal vegetable garden and flower garden with entertainment provided by our resident ducks and chickens! · TV in common areas with cable package for veiwing by everyone.
· Large video movie and book library.
· All bedrooms have beautiful quality furniture, all included. We provide all furniture for our residents.
· All bedrooms have electric adjustable beds with hand held remote controls.
· Private TV / VCR in each room with full cable package.
· Home is wheelchair accessible.
· Spacious, tiled walk-in shower.
· All medical equipment supplied to residents. ( i.e. electrical hospital beds, hoyer lifts, electric lift recliners, overbed tables, wheelchairs, walkers)
· This facility has an office area to facilitate resident needs. (i.e. doctors, nursing, faxes, correspondence, and copying)
· Open and flexible visiting hours at any time by family.
· On busline, and easy off street parking for resident transportation and visitor parking.
· Great views of Mt Baker, the Twin Sisters, and Cascade foothills as well as some of the islands on the Straits of Juan De Fuca! · Both private and shared rooms available. · Birthdays and holidays observed and joyfully celebrated!
Above image: Our living room with a view towards the east
Below image: A view of front of the Home
Thanks Joana & Joe for your vigilance and excellent care of Auntie Alice. You kept her safe, well, healthy, and happy. She was so fortunate to have had you in her life. Thank you too for working so hard to find unique ways to get her to eat and the kindness you showed her while in your home.
Thank you so much for taking such good care of Alice! I feel like we are all family, after going through these difficult times together.
Been thinking of you with much gratitude and appreciation for the excellent care given my mother as well as the wonderful caregiver that you are.